The provider for overseas companies ranging from Canon Singapore to US' PopID, Telepower Communication Co., Ltd (Telpo), is offering a line of 10+ fever detection devices. But how well do they work?
We tested the Telpo TPS980T, with a 32x32 thermophile, and the TPS950T, with a 16x12 thermophile, examining:
- How often did they miss elevated temperatures?
- How accurate are measurements vs IR thermometer?
- How does performance differ between the TPS980T and TPS950T?
- Can it measure taller and shorter people?
- How does subject distance to the terminals impact temperature measurements?
- Do environmental factors impact performance?
- How well does it measure with hats and hair covering the forehead?
- Is the device's mask detection easily spoofed?