This guide teaches the fundamentals of video surveillance storage.
Inside we cover:
- Surveillance Storage
- NVR / Recorder Storage
- Camera / Edge Storage
- Network Storage
- Cloud Storage
- Specialized Surveillance Hard Drives
- Storage Capacity
- Storage Duration
- Recording Types (Continuous vs Event)
- Recording Schedules
- Automatic Storage Cleanup
- Edge Redundant Recording / Trickling
- Storage Redundancy
- Redundant / Backup Servers
- Notable Surveillance Storage Suppliers
Surveillance video must be stored in order to review past events. Encoded video streams are saved as video files, where they can be selected and played back in client decoding software.
Storage can be located in recorders, cameras, network-based, or in the cloud.
NVR / Recorder Storage