Now that IPVM has tested Dahua, Hikvision, and Sunell, we are returning to Seek, the first blackbody system we tested and retested it with our enhanced tougher testing process.
We retested Seek Scan using their newest firmware version to see how it performs, adding enhancing testing, including simulated fevers, hats, glasses, masks, lobbies, and more.
Inside, we answer these key questions:
- How accurate are body temperature estimates compared to oral and IR thermometers?
- How does Seek Scan detect or miss elevated skin temperature?
- How does Automatic Offset Adjustment work?
- How does the camera handle hats, masks, and glasses?
- Can it measure temperature on the move?
- How does blackbody setup impact temperature measurement?
- How do subject distance and angle change measured temperature?
- How does the camera handle lobbies and open doors?
- How do ambient temperatures impact measurement?