Security Sales Course January 2020By IPVM Team, Published Jan 02, 2020, 10:35am EST
This sales course is customized for the current needs and challenges specific to professionals selling video surveillance and access control systems.
Plenty of general sales training exists, but none focus on the specifics, nuances, and complexities of selling security systems. This IPVM course solves this.
Through a series of 10 1-hour live webinar classes, including participants discussing with the instructors, plus quizzes and assignments, attendees will improve their sales skills and abilities to generate leads and close business.
What the IPVM Security Sales Course Covers
In 10 sessions, we improve security sales professionals abilities to:
(1) Selling to Prospects Who Think They Don't Need You: Learn the reasons it is much harder to reach customers today, and a modern strategy for selling security systems you can implement immediately. This session sets the foundation for the course.
(2) Learn How To Write Effective Email and Social Media Posts - Learn how to write emails that increase responses, get appointments, and learn a specific process of social selling and traditional networking that works. You'll get a worksheet and practice in developing and improving your own emails and communication.
(3) Asking Better Questions To Prospects - Learn how to ask specific questions that will increase responses, and help establish you as a trusted resource.
(4) Spending Time On The Right Customers - Learn how to balance your sales efforts between proactive sales engagement and reactive customer management.
(5) Using System Design Tools For Smarter Proposals - Learn how to gain full engagement from your customers and prospects by understanding why most audiences are distracted and how to execute proven methods to hold their attention.
(6) Selling Better Service Agreements - Learn a process of selling them to various organizations. Increase your sales services agreements, making you stickier and more successful with your customers.
(7) Selling or Competing Against Low-Cost Chinese Products - One of the top problems for sales professionals, we provide ten ideas that you can implement immediately, and help you position against these competitors now and in the long run.
(8) Selling or Competing Against Closed Cloud (Verkada, Meraki) - Learn about closed VSaaS systems, and their strengths and weaknesses.
(9) Selling Into Top Trends (Cloud and AI) - Learn about the top trends for 2020, and how to educate your customers and find solutions for their problems.
(10) How To Sell Security Amidst Cyber Concerns, Politics and Bans - Learn about how government bans, cybersecurity concerns, and politics are affecting security sales.
Who Should and Should NOT Take This Course
This course is designed for security sales managers (reps, RSM, account executives, BD, etc.) and should help anyone who is actively involved in selling commercial / industrial / government security systems.
This course does not cover residential or intrusion, as many of the techniques and challenges in that area are different.
This is not a technology course and this is not meant for engineers / techs. If you are a tech who wants to get into sales, this would be a great course but if you want technology training, consider IPVM's other courses, such as the Winter 2020 Installation Course, the Winter 2020 Camera Course or the Spring 2020 Access Course.
Course Instructors - Peterson and IPVM
The course will be lead by Chris Peterson from Vector Firm with IPVM staff moderating. Chris is a leading security sales expert, leveraging significant field security sales experience, both as a rep and in management.
Chris will lead each session with IPVM moderating questions and providing feedback on related IPVM research and testing.
The Security Sales course will meet live online, starting January 7th for 10 times over 5 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday for 1 hour from 4pm - 5pm ET 20:00 to 21:00 UTC).
Here is the schedule / calendar:
Recorded Classes Too
Additionally, all classes are recorded so you can watch on-demand on-line anytime.
Throughout the course, attendees will be able to submit answers to assignments with feedback from the instructors and fellow attendees.
The goal of the course is that each attendee will be to identify and use at least 10 techniques taught in this course to improve their 2020 sales performance.
No certification will be offered, as unlike technology courses, the goal is not a piece of paper but improved sales performance.
Back to Top