RealNetworks' SAFR entered the security market giving away their analytics to schools for free. But how does their face rec compare to enterprise-focused competitors like Anyvision or BriefCam?
We tested SAFR Inside on Axis' deep learning Q1615 Mk III, and in this 20-page report, we examine:
- How does it perform in real-world surveillance scenarios?
- Does it falsely identify a person as a different person?
- Does it miss faces walking through the scene?
- Can it still recognize the faces of people wearing sunglasses, hats, hoodies?
- How does it perform at night in low light (~2 lux) or dark/IR (~0.02 lux)?
- Does it detect anything other than human faces?
- Is the user interface easy to navigate?