Resetting IP Cameras - 30 Manufacturer DirectoryBy IPVM Team, Published Sep 22, 2017, 10:56am EDT
Every camera has a reset button (well, almost) but it is not always clear what these buttons do, how long they need to be held, what settings they actually restore, etc. Since factory default is not frequently necessary, remembering the procedure for multiple manufacturers can be a challenge.
In this report we collect factory default procedures for 30 manufacturers as a quick reference to help reduce this confusion and simplify reset, including:
- ADI / W-Box
- Digital Watchdog
- Samsung (Consumer)
Manufacturer Reset Methods
Below, we list how to default each manufacturer using the physical reset button. Where manufacturers have multiple lines/OEMs/methods, we have made notes in each section.
For corrections/omissions, or to suggest another manufacturer, feel free to leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reset Button Locations
There are a few common reset button locations, shown below. For added security some reset buttons may be located under the dome bubble or an access panel. For ease of access some reset buttons are located at the end of the whip or exposed on the exterior of the camera. Exposed locations are notably less secure than others, as they allow the camera to be reset without disturbing it, which could effectively take it offline.
3xLogic has two different series with different reset methods:
Visix V Series
- Press the Reset button, and hold it for 2 seconds while the device is in use.
- Wait for the system to reboot.
Visix (Hikvision OEM)
This procedure is the same as Hikvision's own.
- Press and hold RESET for 10s when the camera is powering on or rebooting to restore the default settings, including the user name, password, IP address, port No., etc.
- Switch off IP camera by disconnecting the power cable
- Using a suitable pointed object, press and continue to hold the Reset Button depressed. While continuing to hold the reset button depressed, reconnect the power cable.
- Keep holding the reset button depressed around 6 seconds, release the reset button. The unit will start up with factory default settings
ADI / W Box
This procedure is identical to Hikvision, the OEM of W Box IP C ameras.
- Press RESET about 10s when the camera is powering on or rebooting.
- Using the Reset button: Follow the instructions below to reset the network camera to the factory default settings using the Reset button.
Advidia OEMs multiple manufacturers with different methods, including ACTi, Dahua, and Hikvision.
A Series (Hikvision OEM)
- Press RESET about 10s when the camera is powering on or rebooting to restore the default settings, including the user name, password, IP address, port No., etc.
B Series (ACTi OEM)
- Switch off IP device by disconnecting the power cable
- Press and continue to hold the Reset Button (with a sharp tipped object, like a pen.)
- Reconnect the power cable while continuing to hold the reset button.
- The red Power LED light will flash on for 3 second first, turn off for about 15 seconds, flash on for another second and turn off again.
- This will take around 20 seconds from power up, then release the reset button.
- The unit will start up with factory default settings automatically
E Series (Dahua OEM)
- Using a pointed object, such as a pen, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds or until the blue LED (underneath the camera module) lights up.
Note that many Arecont cameras do not have a reset button and must be defaulted via software, of failing that, returned to the factory. New generation models include a physical recent button, including the MicroDome Duo and MegaVideo 4K.
- Press and hold the reset button 10 seconds and then release the button.
- The camera has been reset to the factory default.
- If the camera is not connected to DHCP server, the default IP address is 192.168.0.80
- Switch off the network camera by disconnecting the power adapter.
- Press and hold the Reset button (SW1) on the board with your finger while reconnecting the power.
- Keep the Reset button (SW1) pressed for about 2 seconds.
- Release the Reset button (SW1).
- The network camera resets to factory defaults and restarts after completing the factory reset.
- After the powering the camera on, pressing and holding the INITIAL SET button for about 10 seconds can reset all the parameters to the default settings.
- Disconnect power from the camera.
- Using a straightened paperclip or similar tool, gently press and hold the firmware revert button.
- While continuing to hold the button, power the device.
- Release the button after three seconds.
- Disconnect power from the product.
- Press and hold the control button while reconnecting power.
- Keep the control button pressed for 15-30 seconds until the status LED indicator flashes amber.
- Release the control button. The process is complete when the status indicator turns green.
- The product has been reset to the factory default settings.
- Obtain a plastic stylus or similar non-conductive device that you can use to press the button.
- Remove power from the camera.
- Press and hold the default button.
- Apply power to the camera while continuing to hold the reset button pressed.
- After you have applied power, continue to hold the reset button pressed for about five seconds.
- Release the reset button.
- Wait approximately one minute for the camera to finish the reset process and to reboot
- With the power on, use a small pointed object to press and hold the reset button beside the navigation buttons for more than 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the Reset Button for more than 10 seconds using a paper clip or thin object.
- Wait for the camera to reset to default.
- Turn the device off / hold the power button down for 12 seconds until the light in the front turns off (if it was on).
- Continue to hold until Canary Flex reboots (you’ll see a white spinning light again).
- Release the power button.
- Note: If the device does not reset on the first try, turn your device back on and immediately hold the power button down for 12 seconds until the spinning white light in the front turns off
- Use a pin or paper clip to depress reset button.
- Reset—Press and release the recessed reset button. Wait for the IP Camera to reboot.
- Restore—Press and hold the recessed reset button until the status LED rapidly blinks.
- All settings will be restored to factory default. Upon successful restoration, the status LED will blink green and red during normal operation.
36300 and 6630 Cameras
- Press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds
- The camera should be connected to power
- Click the reset button for at least 5 seconds until the camera restarts, and then the camera will be restored to factory default settings.
- If there is a PWR indicator, you can check the indicator go off and on again.
- If it is an IR camera, you can check the IR LED turn on again.
- For other situations, keep the operation long enough to make sure the camera restarts.
- There is a cable coming out of the camera that you will need to short to perform the reset.
- Short the Blue wire (RESET) and the orange wire (GND) for at least 5 seconds or until the camera restarts.
- Press the reset button for 5 seconds to return the setup to the factory default
- Press and hold the RESET button for 3 seconds while the camera is running. The camera will restart and reset to default settings.
- Press a pointed object against the black switch on the Reset button.
- Press the button for 30 seconds.
- Both LEDs on the RJ45 connector are extinguished.After one second, the green network LED flashes once and remains lighted.
- The yellow activity LED flashes as soon as it detects network activity.
- The unit returns to full factory defaults.
Others (Dahua OEM)
- Remove the dome cover. Make sure the camera is powered on.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds using a thin object to reset the camera to default settings.
- Press and hold the default button for about 8 seconds.
- Release the default button when the status LED blinks.
- Press and hold reset button for about 5 seconds to reboot the system.
- Note: If you reset the camera, the network settings will be adjusted so that DHCP can be enabled.
- If there is no DHCP server in the network, you must run the IP Installer program to change the basic network settings.
- Press and hold the reset button, power on the camera, continue holding for at least 10 seconds.
- Switch off the network camera by disconnecting the power adapter.
- Press and hold the reset button with a straightened paperclip while reconnecting the power.
- Keep the reset button pressed until the status indicator blinks.
- Release the reset button.
- When the power indicator changes to green (may take up to 40 seconds), the process is complete.
- The network camera resets to factory defaults and restarts after completing the factory reset
Mobotix cameras do not have a reset button and must be returned to the manufacturer to reset to default.
- Plug in your camera so it has power. Keep it plugged in throughout the following steps.
- Using an unfolded small paperclip or other pointed object, press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the camera stand for several seconds.
- Keep pressing the button while your camera chimes and its light ring rotates yellow for 5 seconds
- When the light ring starts rotating blue, release the button.
- The camera will reset itself to factory defaults.
- The light ring will continue to rotate blue while this is happening. After the factory reset is complete, your cameras light ring will start pulsing clue slowly
- Your camera will not appear as offline in the Nest App. It will stay this way until you remove it from your nest account and add it back.
- Unplug the camera from any power source.
- Hold the initial set button and plug the power back in.
- Continue holding for 5 seconds.
- The camera will boot 2 minutes later and the network setting will be initialized.
- Using a paperclip, insert into hole marked "R" and hold for ten seconds.
- Press button down and release to reboot camera.
- The system restarts if you press the button for 10 seconds using a pointed object such as a needle.
- To reset the camera to the factory default settings, turn on the power to the camera while holding down this switch with a pointed object.
- Use a toothpick or clip to press and hold the RST button at the bottom for about 15 seconds / until the PWR LED turns red.
- The RST button only works within ten minutes after the camera is powered on.
- The camera is restored to default settings after the startup.
- Disconnect the camera from power and then remove the tail cable unit from the camera.
- Slide the DIP switch, replace the tail cable unit and then connect the camera to power.
- The camera is restored to the factory default settings after the startup.
- Find a probe (like a paper clip) to click the reset button inside the reset hole.
- Hold the button down for a few seconds.
- While you're holding down the button, the LED will go to POST (power on self test).
- Wait for the self-diagnostic to run twice.
- You can release the reset button and set up the camera by using the Installation Wizard 2 again.
Have we missed a brand that you would like to see added? Please let us know in the comments below and we will add it.
Back to Top