Security / Privacy Journalist Sam Pfeifle Interview
Sam Pfeifle is best known as the outspoken former Editor of Security Systems News. After that, he was publications director at the International Association of Privacy Professionals, giving him insights into both the security and privacy worlds.
In this interview, Pfeifle shares lessons he has learned in security, cybersecurity, and privacy, as well as how those areas have affected each other and where they will continue to overlap, evolve and drive societal change, including:
- How pushback on public-cameras is no longer an issue
- How false positives render face recognition and ALPR dangerous
- How it may be impossible to totally trust today's "incredibly complex organizations" with your data
- Why the Terms & Conditions you may or may not read before clicking are not for you
- Why companies that use and sell your data are not evil
- Why it is someone's job to "see what their employer can get away with"
- How people did not understand the risks of "putting everything on the Internet"
- How many are not ready for the CCPA
- Why many people already ignore lots of different privacy laws
We included a printed interview plus a full audio / recording podcast.