People counting has become more common in IP cameras, with many manufacturers now offering it. But how well does it work?
We tested people counting on multiple manufacturers' cameras, including:
The test only included conventional, generally available, IP cameras and not specialized 3D cameras.
Inside, we examine:
- How accurate were people counts?
- Do the analytics miss subjects or double counts?
- How accurate can they count multiple people close together?
- Can they count someone moving quickly?
- Are push/pulled objects counted as people?
- Are shadows be counted as a person?
- Can a light change trigger a person count?
- How does mounting angle impact count accuracy?