There is no 'race to the bottom' in cloud / AI video surveillance. In May, Verkada increased their prices. Now, OpenALPR is doing the same with a drastic doubling in price for its CloudAPI service.
Further, the price hike is accompanied by a cutting in half of what that price gets you.
Inside this note, based on feedback from OpenALPR and its new owner Rekor Systems, formerly Novume, we look at the following:
- Why they doubled their prices
- What the new pricing is and what it gets you
- What the old pricing was and what it got you
- How price doubling is atypical
- Response to price increase from IPVM member
- Compared to others
- New solutions using OpenALPR
- IPVM analysis