Which manufacturers offer the best or worst mounts?
We bought and tested ~50 IP camera mounts and related components from Axis, Bosch, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, and Vivotek:
Our test includes multiple mount scenarios like pendant, pole, recessed and surface mounts (wall / ceiling):
We evaluated features and key criteria that make some mounts better than others. The criteria we used includes:
- Does it make the installation easier / quicker?
- Do the aesthetics improve by using the mount?
- What kind of mounting hardware is included, if any?
- Are the directions helpful and clear?
- Do the Mounts line up to standard electrical patterns?
- Does the mount include a template?
- Does the mount have captive screws?
- Is there a picture of the component on the box?
Inside, we provide detailed analysis on makes each mount or component bad, average, or good. Our test includes several video demonstrations along with results based charts and information.