Milestone is touting that its latest XProtect VMS is "GDPR-ready" with a 'European Privacy Seal'.
However, our investigation raises significant concerns over the applicability and suitability of this. In this post, we examine Milestone's "GDPR Ready" claim, including:
- What Milestone is claiming
- Why the certifier has 'not been accredited'
- How Milestone and the certifier EuroPriSe has responded
- What part of Milestone's software is being left out of the certification
- What improvements Milestone said they made
- What other certifications exist, such as Dahua and Uniview have used
- What Genetec removed from their claim
- What this tells us about GDPR certification schemes
Overall, this case shows clear limitations to GDPR certification - that is almost never mentioned in press releases- even well over a year after the law was implemented.