A lot of temperature tablets look exactly alike and that is because they use the same software, as new IPVM test results found.
IPVM purchased the Meridian Temperature Screening Kiosk (partnered with HP and sold by CDW) and Goodview (sold by Adorama and numerous online retailers) tablets for testing, examining the following:
- How often did it miss elevated temperatures?
- How accurate are measurements vs IR thermometer?
- Can it measure taller and shorter people?
- How does subject distance to the terminal impact temperature measurements?
- Do glasses/hats affect temperature measurement?
- How accurate is mask detection?
- How much can users configure settings on the device? Can configuration be done remotely?