This is the most comprehensive statistics on manufacturer sales compensation and a must read for those who are on the manufacturing side, want to go to the manufacturer side or are curious what their vendor's salespeople make.
Manufacturers told us, in detail, about compensation and much more.
The results determined include:
- Outside sales base salary and commission levels
- Inside sales base salary and commission levels
- Average quota levels set
- Methods used to set quotas
- Perceptions on whether quotas are fair
- Top challenges in achieving quotas
- Most desired non-monetary compensation
- Cash vs stock compensation preferences
- Outlook for sales jobs
- Preferences for future sales jobs
Their answers are analyzed in this report, providing insight on how manufacturer sales people are getting paid, how they view the industry, and what they would recommend changing.