German manufacturer Kentix has declared "FEVER-SCREENING REINVENTED" with its new SmartXcan device. It is a different approach but how well does it work?
We bought and tested the Kentix SmartXcan, analyzing:
- Its accuracy compared to an IR thermometer.
- How easy or hard it was to miss an elevated temperature
- How much user height impacted measurement and usability
- What impact ambient temperature had on measurement
- How quickly can temperature measurements be made
- What options exist to review part temperature measurements