First Quantum Minerals Limited (FQML) is a global enterprise with offices on 4 continents and operations in 7 countries with exploratory operations in "several other countries."
At any given site, their security measures are protecting billions of dollars worth of equipment and undiscovered natural resources.
Managing security at selected sites has been Gary Egan's [link no longer available] job for nearly a decade.
In this end user interview, we talk with Egan, who is FQML's Security Manager for their Trident Project in Zambia. He is also back-up managing security at the company's Mauritanian copper mining operation during a colleague's absence, and inside shares on topics such as:
- Why they use many brands of camera, including Hikvision
- Why they like Milestone
- Why they "have no loyalty, as it were, to a single brand"
- How They Use Analog For A Specific Purpose
- How he helps protect $2.6 billion in assets
- How they use their cameras for business as well as security
- How their special environments dictate "robust" equipment
- Why they are evaluating facial recognition