UTC has made many mistakes in security over the years, however, the shutting down of Interlogix is one of the biggest screwups in industry history.
Interlogix has lots of problems, significantly the fault of UTC, but the errors that UTC has made in this process has made them far worse.
Inside this note, we examine:
- Why UTC did not shop this around
- Why UTC should have shopped Interlogix
- Why the tax savings speculation is not sensible
- How much ill will this has engendered
- What risks this now poses for Lenel / S2