For more than a decade, Scot MacTaggart [link no longer available] was a security integrator (at PA-based PSX). In late 2018, he left the industry. He is now a Growth Strategist and he believes the industry is eating integrators alive.
IPVM conducted an interview with MacTaggart and asked about his time as an integrator, what he had learned, how times have changed and what advice he has for integrators to survive the changing security industry.
Inside this Q&A we look at the following topics:
- Why integrators need to tell their honest story over time
- Why integrators need to become content marketing specialists
- How the industry is eating integrators alive
- Why small companies have to go out on a limb
- Why he does not miss being an integrator
- How the game has changed
- Why protecting your markets is not helpful
- Why integrators need to collaborate with clients
- Why manufacturers are not innovating
- Why integrators need to answer honestly why they deserve to exist
IPVM: Do you miss being a security integrator?
SM: Do I miss it? No.
IPVM: Why not?