A key part of installing security hardware is ensuring the right hardware is used to provide a long-lasting, solid mount. But there are almost endless options for mounting hardware, which may be confusing for new installers.
Inside this report, we look at these different options, where each applies, and our recommendations for use, including:
- Different types of anchors for drywall and drop ceiling
- Demo videos installing multiple anchors
- When to use each anchor type
- Price Differences Between Types
- Manufacturer provided mounting hardware
Selecting anchors for camera mounting can be confusing for the inexperienced, with countless styles, each with their own installation nuances, difficulty, and holding capacity.
The four most popular types of anchors for indoor installs, based on IPVM member feedback and our own experience are shown below:
The video below provides a physical overview of the anchors demonstrated in this report:
- Triple Grip Wall Anchor
- Self-drilling Wall Anchor
- Spring Wing Toggle Bolt
- Strap Toggle Bolt
Triple Grip Wall Anchor