Johnson Controls has released the latest generation in their Illustra Pro line, the Pro Mini-Dome Gen 3, a non-OEM model claiming to "optimize video quality while minimizing configuration time."
We bought and tested the Illustra Pro Gen 3 4K model to see how it performs, examining:
- How does this new 4K model perform in full light (~400lx), low light(~2lx) and dark (~0.02lx) scenes?
- How does installation compare to other dome models?
- How does smart codec H.265 bandwidth compare day and night?
- How well do they integrate to VMSes?
- How does it compare in price to competitive 4K domes?
Note: This is the latest in our ongoing updated 4K camera testing. Readers should also see our tests of Avigilon, Axis, Bosch, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, Panasonic, Pelco, Uniview, and Vivotek and look for our 4K shootout 2019 soon.