What if you could take an existing phone or tablet and transform it into "fever camera"? That is what DottyAR is doing with their strangely named "Hot or Not" app. But how well does it work?
We bought an add-on thermal camera and connected it to one of our tablets to see how well the app worked.
Inside this report, we explain:
- How accurate are body temperature estimates compared to oral and IR thermometers?
- How does Hot or Not compare to using the FLIR One Pro directly?
- How does Hot or Not detect or miss elevated skin temperature?
- How does the camera handle hats, masks, and glasses?
- Can it measure temperature on the move?
- How does subject distance change measured temperature?