The NDAA ban has driven many users to look for low-cost NVRs not made by Dahua or Hikvision and not including Huawei Hisilicon.
Now, Honeywell has released a series of NDAA complaint, non-China made NVRs.
We purchased the Honeywell HN30160204 and the related Vivotek ND9424P-v2 NVR for testing, examining the following:
- How does the Honeywell 30 series compare to Vivotek's V-Series NVR?
- What components does each of these NVRs use?
- Are both NDAA compliant?
- What cameras are supported and how deeply are they integrated?
- How does the local UI differ from the web client?
- How well does P2P/mobile access work?
- How does pricing compare to non-NDAA NVRs?