Taiwan manufacturer Hi Sharp has recently begun aggressively marketing their NDAA-compliant cameras, but how did they perform?
IPVM bought and tested the Hi Sharp 5MP indoor/outdoor turret dome HS-D106KD-G (2.8-12mm varifocal lens, 30m IR spec) and 1080p indoor/outdoor bullet HS-T089N4-E (3.6mm fixed-lens, 20m IR spec), shooting them against the 5MP Dahua Lite Series N53AL52 and 2MP Hikvision Performance Series DS-2CD2725FHWD-IZS, examining:
- How do the cameras perform in full light (~300 lux), low light(~1 lux), dark with IR and WDR scenes?
- Are noise and/or blur issues in low light scenes?
- How even is IR illumination and does it overexpose subjects/objects?
- Do the cameras integrate with 3rd-party VMSes?
- How much bandwidth do the Hi Sharp models consume?
- Does the web UI have any usability issues?