VMD worked poorly on Hikvision cameras, new IPVM testing found.
However, Hikvision ships analytics on practically every IP camera, with intrusion detection included on even their lowest cost models.
To see how these analytics work in real-world scenes, we tested indoors and out, using multiple cameras and fields of view:
- Smart Series DS-2CD4526FWD-IZH, 1080p, 32-92° AoV
- Value Plus DS-2CD2025FWD-I, 1080p, 108° and 86.4° AoVs
- Smart Series DS-2CD4565F-IZH, 6MP, 31-95° AoV
- Value Series DS-2CD2042WD-I, 4MP, 83° AoV
Inside, see our results on:
- False alerts - where and how many
- Indoor performance
- Outdoor performance
- Detection range / PPF thresholds
- Configuration recommendations
- Comparison to camera VMD
- Comparison to DeepInMind
- VMS integration