Hikvision has ramped up the promotion of its 'temperature screening' system, including their salespeople arguing for no blackbody needed. But how well does it work with and without the blackbody?
We bought and tested the Hikvision system and inside this report, we examine:
- Hikvision's accuracy compared to an IR thermometer
- How performance compares with and without the blackbody
- Hikvision's temperature measurement strategy and what it gains and loses from this approach
- How Hikvision misses 'elevated skin temperature' detections
- Which conditions triggered elevated skin temperature detections
- How software setup impacts performance and measurements
- How Hikvision's engineering recommendations compare with their sales and marketing
This is the 5th in our series, joining Dahua Thermal Temperature Monitoring System Tested, Seek Scan Thermal Temperature Screening System Tested, Sunell Panda Cam Body Temperature Measurement Camera Tested and Smartphone Thermal Camera Body Temperature Measurement Tested (FLIR / Seek). Upcoming reports on FLIR, ZKteco, and more are on the way.