Hikvision has released Motion Detection 2.0 claiming it "supports detection of real security threats faster", embedding their AcuSense technology in camera VMD to classify people and vehicles.
We tested Motion Detection 2.0 on Hikvision's AcuSense DS-2CD2346G2-I, examining:
- How widely supported is this?
- Does it properly detect people walking, running, or obstructed?
- Does it ignore common outdoor false alerts like animals, foliage, and shadows?
- Does it ignore common indoor false alerts like shadows and lights?
- What PPF does Motion Detection 2.0 require for detection?
- Do events integrate with third-party VMSes?
- What setup and configuration are required?