With its newest IP intercom, Hikvision proclaims users can 'get full control over an entrance' regardless of where it is installed, home or office alike. Can the company's modular intercom deliver?
We purchased and tested a DS system, based on Hikvision's recommendations, to see how it compares to the competition.
In this report, we evaluate and test the following:
- Hikvision intercom strengths & weaknesses
- The required Indoor Master station
- Video quality performance
- Surprising access control features
- No SIP compatibility
- Tested remote Hik-Connect app performance
- The two mounting types and four subassembly modules detailed
- Device pricing compared to competitors
- How door strike integration works
This test expands IPVM's intercom test series including Aiphone IX Series 2, Avigilon H4 Intercom, Commend ID5 Intercom, Axis access door station, and 2N Verso. Look for an upcoming shootout.