HID is replacing two established and broadly supported types of access controllers with a new line, Aero, requiring new integrations from partners.
In this note, based on answers from HID, we examine:
- Aero replaces two HID controller lines
- Why it is not compatible with Mercury integrations
- Which features are limited compared to Mercury hardware
- The advantages of Aero's similar architecture and size vs. VertX
- Why Aero can disrupt partners by requiring new integrations
- The competitive impact of HID Aero in the access market