HD analog has promised higher resolution for years, but has lagged substantially behind for years. Now, both Dahua and Hikvision have started shipping low cost 8MP options.
We bought and tested 8MP CVI and TVI cameras and DVRs to see how they compare against low cost 8MP cameras, examining:
- Are 8MP models plug and play? Is there noticeable delay or issues connecting?
- How does image quality compare to similar IP models? Low light? WDR?
- What HD analog and IP cameras does each DVR support? CVI, TVI, AHD? ONVIF?
- How do camera construction and physical features compare?
- Do DVRs integrate via ONVIF with VMSes?
- How do bitrates compare to IP cameras? Are smart codecs supported?
See our detailed results inside.