Hanwha's NDAA-compliant Wisenet Q series is one of integrators' most commonly selected alternatives to Hikvision and Dahua. But how does it actually compare?
We bought the Hanwha Wisenet QNV-8080R (5MP, varifocal lens, 30m IR) and QNV-6082R (2MP, varifocal lens, 30m IR) and tested them against the 5MP and 2MP Hikvision Performance series (2755 and 2725) and Dahua Lite series (N22AL12 and N53AJ52) models, examining:
- How do they perform in full light (~300 lux), low light(~1 lux), dark (<0.01 lux), and WDR scenes?
- Are noise and/or blur issues in low light scenes?
- How even is IR illumination and does it overexpose objects?
- Does it meet its specified IR range?
- How well do the cameras integrate with VMSes?
- How does bandwidth compare day and night?
- How does pricing compare to other low-cost models?
- How do they compare to Hikvision and Dahua?