The Halo Smart Sensor claims to detect vaping, including popular brand Juul and even THC vapes. But how well does it work in real world applications?
We bought and tested a Halo sensor to see how it performed, testing it in multiple locations, examining:
- Does Halo detect vaping in small, mid-sized, and large rooms?
- How quickly is vaping detected?
- Does the type of vape device impact performance?
- Can it properly detect popular vape brand Juul?
- Does it accurately detect THC and non-THC vapor?
- What methods can be used to circumvent the detector?
- What configuration and optimizations are required?