Great article. I'm glad I made the investment in IPVM, it almost ensures I will learn something new every day.
Glass Break Sensor Tutorial
Burglars often break glass windows to get into a house. Using glass break detectors in conjunction with alarm contacts is a good way to protect the entire perimeter of a building. In this note, we examine glass break detectors, including
- Shock vs Acoustic - 4 differences contrasted
- Sensor ratings - thickness, size, type
- Types of glass - plate vs tempered vs wired vs laminate
- Shock sensors explained
- Video demonstration of shock sensors
- Acoustic sensors explained
- 6 factors affecting acoustic glass break detector performance
great article ari!
very informative !especially for me that i did not know about that high humidity issue with glass break detectors
Very informative article, thanks Ari
Thanks for this. I've been wondering about how GBD's and siren circuits work for years.