FLIR is one of the biggest names in thermal and one of the most conservative. While rivals have marketed fever detection, FLIR has stuck to EST (elevated skin temperature) screening. The company's sales have boomed in this market but how well do their cameras really work?
We bought and tested FLIR's latest A400 and A700 cameras to see how they compare to other screening systems, examining:
- How FLIR's measurement strategy differs from others
- How detection zone setup impacts usability and throughput
- How rolling average thresholds impact false alerts and missed detections
- How hats, masks, and glasses impact temperature measurement
- How the cameras integrate with third party VMS
- One-hour video showing IPVM testing and explaining these FLIR cameras.
Readers should also see our other thermal screening camera coverage, including: