FLIR is going after the home / consumer surveillance market with their FLIR FX. A few of the notable competitive features offered:
- Video analytics for search (RapidRecap)
- Built-in Battery
- Built-In Storage
- Outdoor housing
Dropcam, now a Google/Nest division, is certainly the big name now in this market. IPVM has also tested Samsung, Simplicam and D-Link's home offering.
How does FLIR FX compare?
We tested Dropcam and FLIR FX head to head to better understand the tradeoffs. Below is a preview from the two side by side:
Our report answers:
- How well does the included SD card storage work?
- How effective is FLIR's video analytics?
- Who has better image quality?
- For the features provided, how does pricing / value compare?