Most video surveillance manufacturers are fighting to expand their sales to the small to medium size business market.
With the high-end saturated from early IP camera adopters, premium brands like Axis and Milestone see SMB as their main growth opportunity. At the same, Chinese manufacturers, such as Hikvision and Dahua, view SMB as an easy entry into Western markets.
With so much interest here, what are people actually choosing? We surveyed 90 integrators to determine what they are using and why for small to medium-size businesses, defined as single site deployments with under 20 cameras.
On the camera side, 5 manufacturers took 80% of the selections, with 3 from Asia, 1 from Europe and 1 from North America. The consensus for those 5 was quite strong, with only 20% citing other brands.
On the recorder side, 4 manufacturers took 51% of the selections, with 1 from Asia, 1 from Europe and 2 from North America. The consensus was quite weak, with more than 20 other manufacturers splitting the other 49%.