Camera installation is the most fundamental and common task for video security technicians. Because of this, camera manufacturers market their products as easier and quicker to install versus the competition, in addition to the quality images they produce.
In this note we will review the most common features that 140+ integrators cited when we asked them what feature(s) make a camera easy to install:
- Back Boxes/Bases/Standard Hole Patterns
- Removable Pigtails/ Easy Port
- Remote/Motorized Autofocus
- Mounting Templates / Stickers
- Captive Hardware (Lenses/Screws)
- Video Output Port