Access Control Door Controllers Guide
Published Oct 22, 2019 14:33 PM
Door controllers are at the center of physical access control systems connecting software, readers, and locks.
Despite being buried inside enclosures or hidden inside ceilings, they are a complex component that ties everything else together.
In this note, we examine controllers and their main features including:
- The three typical forms of controllers
- The primary function of coordinating access at the door
- Hardware compatibility across access management software
- Typical input devices for access, including readers
- Common types of outputs, including locks
- IP vs Serial Connected Panels
- Traditional DC vs. PoE Power
- Controller features within standalone locks
John PriceJan 05, 2021