Dahua has introduced Smart Motion Detection, AI-based VMD, claiming to use an advanced algorithm to differentiate human and vehicular shapes within a scene and send alarms only when a person or vehicle is detected.
We bought and tested one of these models, the 5MP N53AJ52, examining:
- How does Smart Motion Detection compare to their existing Analytics+ line?
- Does it detect people crawling, running or obstructed?
- Does it false alarm on common outdoor sources?
- Does it ignore common indoor sources of false alarms?
- How far can it detect people?
- How does image quality compare to the 4MP Analytics+ camera?