AI analytics are hitting the mainstream in the consumer camera market, with entrants Wyze and Yi Home releasing free people detection on their super low cost cameras.
This is a significant threat for higher priced offerings like Arlo, Google Nest, and Amazon Ring, who have charged a premium for their advanced analytics.
To see how these newcomer AI-equipped cameras compare to incumbents, we have compared these six manufacturers across multiple categories:
- False alert resistance versus foliage, animals, rain, shadows, lights, and more.
- Fast moving vs. normal speed object detection
- Detection distances/PPF levels
- Configuration and zone creation for each
- How pricing compares for cameras and cloud service
Those interested in commercial offerings should see our IP Camera Analytics Shootout, comparing Avigilon, Axis, Bosch, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, and Uniview, as well as more recent AI cameras Dahua Analytics+ and Hikvision DeepinView.