California based Farpointe Data has been a significant OEM supplier of conventional access readers for years to companies including DMP, RS2, DSX, Keri, and Sielox, and recently announced mobile credentials and readers.
So how well does the product perform?
We purchased a Farpointe mobile reader and tested multiple functions including:
- Compatibility With Existing Access Systems
- Conekt App Operation for both Android and iPhone
- The Two App Steps Needed for Unlock
- How Dependably OSDP Functions
- How Mobile Credentials are Added for Use
- Operation With Physical Credentials (MIFARE DESFire EV1 & EV2)
- The Platform's Strengths & Weaknesses Compared To Others
- Conekt vs HID Global