While US-China relations are at an all-time low, optimism about relations improving following the US election were key themes from two recent China General Chamber of Commerce webinars.
Most chalk up tensions to politics undermining China businesses in the US, but believe politics are only temporary.
The China General Chamber of Commerce (CGCC) represents Chinese enterprise with a US presence including Hikvision who has an executive on their Board. Another Hikvision executive recommended attending their webinars to learn more about US-China.
IPVM attended two of their webinars, analyzing the key points made:
- US- China relations at an all-time low
- Optimism for the future
- Reactions to China "stealing US jobs"
- Comments from David Firestein, Charles Foster, Max Baucus, Xiao Yuqiang, Bryan Lanza, Mark Duval, and Jeffrey Sachs
- Tariffs and personnel challenges as a result of trade tensions
- Cultural differences emerge as a challenge to operating in the US
- Impacts of COVID-19 on these businesses