"Certify" claims to be "The #1 Fever Detection & Thermal Scanning Solution in the Marketplace" and "found in more than 75% of NFL stadiums", but how well does it really work?
IPVM purchased and tested the Certify SnapXT Pro terminal, examining the following:
- How accurate are forehead and inner canthus measurements?
- Does the device measure temperatures as-is, or does it average them to appear "normal"?
- How often does it miss elevated temperatures?
- How accurate are measurements vs an IR thermometer?
- How does subject distance to the terminals impact temperature measurements?
- Do environmental factors impact performance?
- How useful is the Certify cloud portal?
- How accurate is the device's mask detection and can it be spoofed?