For more than 20 years, Carl Lindgren worked as a casino surveillance pro, while being active (and sometimes outspoken) on various online video surveillance groups
What best practices has he picked up over the years and, now as a consultant, what does he recommend to his clients now?
- Why he was not able to try Hikvision, Dahua, and Hanwha
- Why does he avoid American Dynamics and Pelco?
- How he picks/recommends Integrators to work with
- Why remote viewing at the casino is atypical
- How long did it take them to be the first casino to switch to all digital?
- What brands does he recommend to his clients?
- How did they decide between Dallmeier, IndigoVision, Geutebruk
- How does he feel about IT in his security equipment
- What is the biggest, most complex system he's deployed?
- Why he has concerns about the reliability of wireless
- Why they rejected facial recognition
- How fixing VCRs got him into security