Card printers are a core component of professional access control systems, as cards are often prominently displayed as photo ID.
Modern printers can put company branding and logos on public display by permanently marking badges, often with high-security features, which can last for years.
In this guide, we help you pick the right types of cards and printers, explaining the key drivers involved:
- When to pick stickers vs printers
- How to create badges
- Choosing between Reverse Transfer and DTC printers
- Whether you should use automatic flipping
- How much one should pay
- Whether integrators should provide this as a service / RMR
- What products / manufacturers to choose from