[UPDATE: Camera Analytics Shootout 2021 - Ava, Avigilon, Axis, Bosch, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, Lilin, Meraki, Mobotix, Rhombus, Uniview, Verkada and Vivotek]
Analytics are hot again, thanks to a slew of AI-powered cameras, but whose analytics really work? And how do these new smart cameras compare to top non-AI analytics?
In this report, we compare and contrast 15 different camera analytics from 8 manufacturers from our tests:
Inside, we cover:
- The best, average and worst performers overall
- The top 3 best performers compared in detail
- The weaknesses of the average and worst performers
- How the competitors resisted outdoor false alerts (e.g., foliage, small animals, shadows/lights, rain)
- How the competitors handled indoor false alerts (i.e., shadows, lights, and flashes)
- How well analytics detected subjects running and crawling
- How accurately objects were classified as vehicle, human, etc.
- Who delivered the greatest range (ranking pixel density / PPF requirements)
- What specific detection issues each analytic had
- Who was better or worse at configuration and calibration
- How VMSes supported (or not) these cameras analytic events