IPVM is preparing the industry's first Video Surveillance Installation book and our upcoming Video Surveillance Installation Course.
We have already released installation training on:
Now, this guide teaches how to install network cabling for IP cameras, including:
- Estimating cable run length (with video tutorial)
- Accounting for vertical length
- Tracking cable remaining (with video tutorial)
- Selecting a staging location (with video tutorial)
- The importance of labeling
- Basics of using push rods (with video tutorial)
- Fishing walls/dropping cables (with video tutorial)
Our next installation guide will continue with cable installation, focusing on terminating network cables for IP cameras.