Bosch on the Realities of Video SurveillanceBy: John Honovich, Published on Nov 18, 2009
Bosch published an article in SecurityInfoWatch examining the realities and over-hyped elements of the video surveillance market.
Key points examined:
- Claims, "up-to-date knowledge of multiple IP video product sets from multiple manufacturers is bordering on pure fantasy."
- Bleeding edge products can be dangerous
- Determine what you want to see using DCRI (see Bosch blog post explaining Detection/Classification/Recognition/Identification)
- Battle between IP and analog will remain until HD is commonplace and IP camera standards are widely adopted
- "People don't trust VCA." Ironically and unmentioned is that Bosch's video analytic parlor games contributed to this.
- Importance of lighting and low light performance for video images.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.