Bank security contends with many significant threats - from fraudsters to robbers and more.
In this interview, IPVM spoke with bank security manager Damon Hood, who served in the Navy military police and in the private sector examining:
- Who the most popular banking VMSes are
- How they found real-world success with LPR and face finding
- Why real-time face alerting did not work for them
- How a military service career prepared him for private security
- What lessons he learned scaling his SOC up from 174 square feet to 2,200
- How IT's views on bandwidth changed
- Why the industry needs to engage the customer
- How they gave law enforcement what they wanted
- Why it is important to engage the manufacturer
- Why good WDR is so important to banks
- What they like about their chosen brand
- How he views security integrators as "only human"