Axis is very late in releasing IR PTZs. While competitors such as Hikvision and Dahua have offered them for years, Axis has just released their first, the Q6125-LE, claiming improvements over competitive models, including more even IR coverage, concealed IR LEDs, and compact size.
We bought and tested the Q6125-LE against Axis' own Q6155-E to see how it holds up to these claims, examining:
- How even is IR coverage?
- How well does IR power adjust to fit the scene?
- Does IR overexpose subjects?
- How well does the camera focus when tracking subjects?
- Day and night image quality
- How does it compare to Axis' non-IR Q6155-E?
- How does it compare in size to others?
- How does pricing compare to competitors?
- How do H.265 and H.264 bitrates compare?