Axis has finally released deep learning analytics in their Q1615 Mk III with Axis Object Analytics, but does it live up to their claims of "smarter surveillance"?
To find out, we bought and tested the deep learning Axis Q1615 Mk III and tested Object Analytics on the machine learning enabled P1375-E, examining:
- How does performance differ between deep learning and machine learning models?
- How do the cameras handle common outdoor false alert sources like animals, foliage, and shadows?
- How well do they handle indoor false alerts from shadows, lights, noise, etc.?
- Can both analytics detect people running, crawling, or obstructed?
- Are people and vehicles properly classified?
- How far can both analytics detect people?
- How does image quality compare?