Taiwanese manufacturer Avtech is taking direct aim at low cost leaders Dahua and Hikvision with ~$70 starlight and white light illuminator models.
There is a lot of interest in alternatives to Dahua and Hikvision due to the US ban and sanctions against these companies.
We bought and tested a super low cost white light illuminator model, the DGM2403SVW to see how it performs versus recent competitive models from our Color Low Light Mega Camera Shootout: Dahua's Night Color super low light dome and Hikvision ColorVu turret, examining:
- How well does image quality compare in full light (~300 lux), low light (~2 lux), and dark (~0.02 lux) scenes?
- How do image details compare with and without white light illumination?
- How does it perform in WDR scenes?
- How well does it integrate to common VMSes?
- How does bandwidth compare to others?